Student, 20, Died in Sleep From Food Poisoning After Eating Left Over Pasta

A student has died after eating a bowl of pasta that he had left out at room temperature for five days. The 20-year-old from Belgium fell sick after consuming spaghetti leftovers which had been made five days earlier and stored at room temperature. He warmed the spaghetti in the microwave oven before heading out to […]

Read More....

Extortion Scheme Threatens Reputation of Some San Francisco Restaurants

By: Jana Katsuyama Posted: Aug 18 2018 12:55PM PDT SAN FRANCISCO (KTVU) – The San Francisco District Attorney issued a warning about an email scam targeting restaurants, which threatens to ruin their reputations if they don’t pay out money. The Golden Gate Restaurant Association says the emails were sent out this week to restaurants across […]

Read More....

Trichinellosis Outbreak Linked to Consumption of Privately Raised Raw Boar Meat

Trichinellosis Outbreak Linked to Consumption of Privately Raised Raw Boar Meat Guidelines by the USDA recommend that pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees, 20 degrees less than the previous standard of 165 degrees. The change is because there has been a major decline in Trichinellosis in pigs. The reduction comes […]

Read More....

Cyclospora Outbreak at McDonalds

436 sick, 20 hospitalized due to parasitic illness linked to McDonald’s salads.  The CDC says 436 people have been diagnosed with a laboratory-confirmed intestinal illness linked to salads sold at McDonald’s. Health officials will likely report additional cases in the weeks to come because there is up to a six-week lag between when a person […]

Read More....